Connect with us


How SARS tortured two buddies to demise – Households cry out in Ogun

Law enforcement officials related to the dissolved Particular Anti-Theft Squad (SARS) had been accused of torturing two buddies to demise contained in the infamous Magbon workplace in Abeokuta, the capital of Ogun State. Bakary and Babatunde Ismailia had been arrested in November 2018 by a group of SARS activists led by one of many inspectors, Adiji Oladipobo, for alleged theft. SARS brokers paid for his burial.

The brother of the late Bakary, Adikonli Bakary, and the spouse of his late good friend Rashid Ismail, filed a petition earlier than the Judicial Investigation Authority of Ogun State. The committee mentioned that his brother was arrested and denied contact with members of his household, who he mentioned didn’t know why he was being held in Magboun.

“On November 25, 2018, a QS officer known as me. Once I acquired there, he advised me that my brother's garments had been soiled, and that I needed to carry different garments. I got here again on the identical day with one other piece of material. That was once I met Their boss, SP Ubah, advised me my brother was lifeless. I cried and I sought to learn how he died. They took me to the Ejei Normal Hospital morgue to see his physique. I noticed wounds throughout his physique. He was tortured to demise, ”the grieving brother advised the Ogun Judicial Committee.

Adikonnelli Bakary appealed to the fee to assist launch his brother’s physique for burial, saying that the police refused to take action regardless of the household’s pleas

however the accused police officer, Adeje Oladipobo, responded to Bakary throughout questioning of witnesses, saying that he known as him to come back for a corpse sister.

Whereas explaining the circumstances surrounding her husband's demise, Rasheed Ismail advised the committee that the identical group of SARS activists broke into her residence at about 1 a.m. on November 19, 2018, together with Bakary, claiming that the 2 buddies had a pistol. Even once they couldn't discover a gun of their room. Just a few days later, Officer John Gagaban known as me that my husband was in a coma and that he had been taken to hospital. Once I noticed him within the hospital, I noticed that he was being tortured and burned with a scorching stress iron.

“After about two months in a coma, the physician transferred him from the intensive care unit to the common ward, however nothing modified. Later, blood and pus started to bleed from his genitals and he finally died on January 31, 2019.”

The committee appealed for redress for the "illegal killing" of her husband. [19659014]