Follow the process provided here to add your gmail account to iphone
1. The first step is to enable IMAP settings on your phone. To do so, follow steps 2.
2. Sign in to your Gmail account.
3. Click on the gear icon in the upper right corner, then select the Gmail settings that are generally provided at the top of any Gmail page.
4. Click the Forwarding and POP / IMAP option.
5. Click the Enable IMAP option located there.
6. Configure the IMAP settings and don’t forget to click Save Changes.
7. Now the part where you start setting up your Gmail account comes with your iPhone.
8. Go to the home screen of the iPhone and choose the Settings option.
9. The next step is to select the option “Mail, Contacts, Calendars”.
10. Go to the accounts section and select “Add an account”
11. You will get an option to choose your email account type there. To set up an email to work with IMAP, choose the “Other” option.
12. From the list of available options, select “Add an email account”
13. Enter the following information as is
Name: just give the name you want
Address: your Gmail address
Password: Gmail password
Description: you can write any description of your email
14. Go to IMAP settings now.
15. Enter the incoming mail server settings and select the following option
16. The hostname must be set to imap.gmail.com
17. After that, you will be asked to configure the outgoing mail server.
18. The hostname must be configured for that in smtp.gmail.com
19. Then the account verification process will take place
20. Once you are done you will see an option to select mail or notes, select them and click save
21. I’m done forever. You now have your Gmail account working fine on your iPhone.
If you’re stuck somewhere and can’t set up your Gmail account on iPhone, don’t worry because iPhone support team will definitely help you. Just send them an email explaining your problem in as much detail as possible. You can also call them and explain everything to the employee who receives your call. Either way, they will solve your problem and find a solution for you. They usually return within 24 hours, and your problem will be solved soon by SearchArticle, once they know about it.